Lou DeVincentis 216-831-8600, ext. 6626
Staci Vincent 216-831-8600
Key Club donates to mission
The Orange High School Key Club has been collecting new hats, gloves and socks for the City Mission in Cleveland. Students and staff were able to drop items off in a collection box at the front desk when picking up or dropping off school supplies or projects.
The Key Club is an international, student-led service organization that works with the local Kiwanis Club of Lander Circle. The club has been meeting virtually under the guidance of advisor Stephanie Sentle. The Key Club is also teaming up with advisor Kelley Mendoza and members of the OHS National Honor Society to assist in tutoring K-12 students who sign up for the additional help.
OHS students win scholastic honors
Orange High School art students brought home more than 30 awards from the 2020-2021 Scholastic Art and Writing Competition. Images of the students’ artwork will be shared with the community soon online.
- Piper Anderson won three Silver Key awards and an Honorable Mention award in the ceramics and glass category, as well as an Honorable Mention in the sculpture category.
- Ashley Cohn won a Silver Key and an Honorable Mention in ceramics and glass.
- Grace Taylor won a Silver Key in the art portfolio category, as well as both a Gold Key and Honorable Mention in ceramics and glass.
- Joey Earley won a Silver Key in photography.
- Arwen Whiteman won both a gold Key and a Silver key in photography.
- Rose Martyn won two Silver Keys in photography.
- Amelie O’Connor earned an Honorable Mention in photography.
- Adelaide Garcia won a Silver Key in painting.
- Kim Marcelino won a Silver Key in painting.
- Julia Willis won a Silver Key and Honorable Mention in painting.
- Anna Klinginsmith earned an Honorable Mention in painting.
- Abby Thompson won two Gold Keys, one in painting and one in the drawing and illustration category.
- Chayton Mines earned an Honorable Mention in digital art.
- Laura Wei earned an Honorable Mention in drawing and illustration.
- From the Excel Tecc Studio Art and Design Class, in drawing and illustrations, Margot Sanders won a Gold Key, Maddie Smith won three Honorable Mentions and Nina Zargari won one Honorable Mention. Latraceyona Cameron also earned an Honorable Mention in painting.